07 March 2009

Scenes from the Week: 1 March 2009

I won't see home this spring.
I would kill for the Pacific,
But I'm paid to make girls panic while I sing.


Alright, so part of that is true. It's true that I won't see home this spring break, and probably not until summer. But I wouldn't kill to see the Pacific, though I do miss the beaches. Oh, and I'm not paid to make girls panic while I sing. That last bit was more to finish the rhyme to this verse taken from a song by Brand New. But the point is that I really miss San Diego.

Here are some scenes from my week...



The classic college student. Commonly found near sources rich in coffee which it uses for fuel in order to more efficiently attack its prey, which consists mostly of textbooks. Aaron Brown is a cool guy. So glad I met him.



On Friday I was at Trudy's in the Tercero dorm area waiting for my student manager to show up so that she could put me through orientation for my job. I waited for something like an hour and a half because I didn't check my text messages and thus didn't see that she had wanted me to come at 4. It was such a beautiful day. Coincidentally, I had my camera with me. This particular picture is of the Tercero DC. I really love the angles. I really like photography, but I wouldn't even consider myself an amateur photographer. This is a start, though.



Another view of the Tercero DC.



This is my former Bible study leader. His name is Peter Rystrom and he has been a great influence in my life. Thanks to the Lord for placing him in my life. He is also a current participant of Mustache March. It's only been like five days and his stache is already super nasty.



I woke up around noon today. I went downstairs to eat breakfast. Naturally, waffles were my first thought. Because it was noon, Scott was making lunch. He was making a burger for himself. As I took out the box of frozen waffles out from the freezer, Scott says to me, "Hey, you should make a waffle burger!"

Scott's best idea yet.

No comments: