03 October 2009

Reenforcing Realization.

I worked out for the first time in a long time yesterday. I came into the ARC looking for a stationary bike to start my work out. But as I walked through the massive building looking for the old familiar machines I used to use, I found that they had been replaced with newer, state-of-the-art bikes with big fancy LCD touch screens complete with iPod functionality, cable television, and virtual bike paths going through pixelated mountain ranges, all underneath 40-something inch HD televisions mounted to the once blank walls. Unnecessarily extravagant. I was intimidated. What happened to the simpler machines I knew before? Reluctant, and unaware of how to use the new-fangled device, I stumbled through the software, and attempted to find a cardio program that I was familiar with. Somewhere in the midst of the mechanical maze, I had found the program I was looking for.

Okay. Cool. Now what? Press this. Okay, new screen. Enter your age. No problem.

One. Nine.

....

*delete* *delete*

Two. Zero.

Enter.

*sigh*

No comments: