05 July 2009

Blogging and the Trumpet

As I'm typing this, I'm practicing my beloved trumpet, Yoko. She's a Yamaha, made in effing Japan, son. Actually, I'm just typing right now. But this blogging action is happening in the middle of my trumpet session. I'm kind of typing a bit whenever I take like a 5 minute break or whatever. Like just then, between this current sentence and the last one, I just played #22 on p. 196 of the Arban's Conservatory Method for Cornet. That's long for the Trumpeter's Bible. It's just as thick as a Bible, but filled with wisdom exclusively for trumpet playing. Also, it's a little more physically demanding when I 'read' it.

And again, between the subsequent paragraph and this one. Now I'm breathing a bit more heavily and my embouchure is a little fatigued. Oh no, I've come to realize how boring I'm sounding. There I go thinking everyone out there secretly fantasizes about trumpets and mouthpieces and Sergei Nakariakov, and lip flexibilities and all that. That's a great idea, Gerald! Blog about something you're interested in, but give it too much detail! Holy eff! That's brilliant!

Emptied my spit valve just then. Alright, that's quite enough.

2 comments:

Dorothy said...

hahaha! you'll have to play for me and afo one day =D

rescue:scene said...

haha, we'll see about that! one of these days maybe?