22 July 2009

Coldplay Concert Long Post


Early into the show, "Violet Hill" Though it looks blue, the lights are actually violet. Get it?



"Yellow" Get it?


"Lovers in Japan"


Chris Martin on the ridiculously large screen.



Viva la Vida



Paper Butterflies in assorted colors, some of which glowed in the dark!



Sick lasers.



"Strawberry Swing" I think?



I used the wrong setting when I took this picture, :\





"Viva" in some cool black light sensitive paint, near the end of the show.



Littered everywhere. People would grab these little guys to take home as souvenirs.


So that was the show in a nutshell. It was the same show that I went to last summer when they started out the Viva la Vida tour. Nevertheless, it was awesome. They like to visit the fans in the back so that they can get a closer look, which is mighty nice of them. Also, there were giant balloons that were tossed around for fun, and spheres which turned out to be 360 degree projectors that came down from the stage. One of the neatest parts was Chris Martin initiating what he called a "Mexican Cell Phone Wave" where the house lights were turned off and everyone took out their cell phones and did the wave. Cool stuff. Oh yeah, and they gave away free cds to everyone, which I already had downloaded from their website, but it's cool to have a physical copy. Some of the workers at the amphitheater were selling tickets for The Fray for 10 bucks! Super cheap. But I don't care much for The Fray, so I passed. Little did I know that Vedera would be playing at that show. So now I am sad that I missed that financial and musical opportunity. If you have a chance, I would recommend checking Vedera out.

www.myspace.com/vedera

No comments: