30 July 2009

So I Guess I Listen to Music Like 12 Hours a Day

So I'm here in a half sitting, half lying position on my deflated air mattress which is covered with several layers of sheets to add some element of softness. Why not just inflate the thing? Well, by the time I fall asleep and am well into my first REM cycle, my extremely dense derriere is taking all of my bodyweight upon itself. Right now I'm chilling in my auntie's place. It's what I end up doing most of the time nowadays. Kind of thought that summer would be tighter than this, but it seems that a lot of my friends are gone for the summer doing summer school at their respective universities, or away on missions, or whatever it is that they have planned. As for me, the days consist of practicing Yoko, my beloved trumpet, listening to hours upon hours of music online, and constantly checking my favorite websites. I somehow manage to eat somewhere in between.

My auntie has now asked me somewhere around 5 or 6 times since I've arrived here about two weeks ago if I get bored because I stay in my room all day. I tell her the same thing, "Well, I listen to a lot of music. And I practice too. Sometimes I read." When I think about how long I've practiced, I realize that it's probably taken up something like 2-3 hours. I then realize that I've been listening to music for almost the all of the rest of the time. How do I do that!? I find myself listening to a lot of classical, a lot of jazz, a lot of trumpet music. I was gonna continue describing my magical musical adventures, but I was just thinking that if you're anything like me, I don't like reading blogs that are super long. So I'll spare you the incovenience.

No comments: