04 August 2009

Finished Another Book!

Just finished This is Your Brain on Music last night. The last chapter wasn't as fascinating as almost the entire rest of the book, but that might just be because I was excited to finish another book. Anyways, I would recommend this book to the musically educated and the psychology interested, as well as anyone who just wants to learn some freakin' cool facts about music and the brain. For instance, did you know that music actually uses both sides of your brain?

Really? I thought it was just the one side.

Actually, it uses so many parts of your brain, which may be a reason to believe that it helps in an eff load of other areas of life. It uses the hippocampus, the prefrontal cortex, the occipital lobe, the cerebellum, and several other areas of the brain. But anyways, that rather poorly described fun little pocket-sized fact is something that I learned from the book. Yes, I retained something that I read!

Magnificent! Let's celebrate!

Okay, how?

We can read another book, maybe?

Hm. Maybe. I dunno.

Well, you can't practice your trumpet all day.

I can if I wanted to.

But you suck.

...

Just kidding.

...

Ahem...



Summer Bookfest '09 is now in its third stage: Mere Christianity, by C.S. Lewis

No comments: